Thursday, October 3, 2013

Parc du Mont Royal

After training today, Max and I headed downtown to a clinic so I could get my vaccinations. I feel better knowing my chances of getting Yellow Fever and Typhoid Fever are slim. I don't feel too positive about the fact that I haven't had a tetanus since I was a child. Oops. My arms are already feeling the soreness from the vaccinations, but I did break both of my legs once so I probably shouldn't complain too much.

After the clinic, Max and I walked a couple miles through the city to Mont Royal. This is one of our favorite places in Montreal, and we took pictures there last year that you can view here. I was hangry, so we made a quick stop for a $5 footlong. Side rant: It ended up being $5.75 because taxes in Canada are debilitating. Max wouldn't let me have the sandwich until we got to the top of Mont Royal because he wanted me to walk fast enough to make it by sunset. Who does that?! Well, it worked.

 The path we took was fairly steep and contains what feels like a million stairs (I have quads the size of my 4 year-old niece's). I was gasping for air, sweaty, and REALLY hungry by the time we got to the top. Unfortunately, it was a waste of exercise because the view faces south and trees completely block the view of the sunset. Needless to say, I sat down and ate my sandwich while Max took some pictures of the nearly dark sky and night time city lights. It was a delicious sandwich.


View of the city at the end of sunset

 We love selfies



Isn't he adorable? He's claiming he isn't shaving until we get back so get used to the beard.


 In love with this city




 Sometimes taking a little risk is worth it. 
Don't show this to my Daddy.

 The lookout

 My favorite of the night! 

View from the base of the park looking up to the cross at the top

You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven. Matthew 5:14-16

After a night of scenic views and an unplanned workout, we came home and my husband made us his favorite meal.


I think I've got it made.







No comments:

Post a Comment