Thursday, October 31, 2013

BH

I'm currently sitting in an airport in Saint Maarten! Max and I are waiting for Pops and Mama Kate's flight to arrive. I don't have a lot of time because I have a beach to get to :), so I need to be quick!

We were in Belo Horizonte for one week exactly. I wish I could tell you all about the city, but I really spent one day out with Max because my days at work are very long while I'm integrating into the show.    We mostly spent our time walking around and exploring while we were out. We went to a shopping mall and perused, ate outside at a butequim/bar, went to the Mercado Central, and worked out at a gym that Cirque provided for us during our time here!

 Honestly, that's all I've done outside of work, but it was a blast. It's been hilarious, frustrating, and really embarrassing all at the same time because we don't speak very much portuguese, but we are practicing and hoping to pick it up quickly.

Like I said, I'm short for time, so I'm going to quickly make a top 5 moments in BH in no particular order:

1) Mercado Central:
The central market is listed on every Belo Horizonte website's to-do list, so I figured we had to do it. It was...interesting. I'll start off by saying that there is a pet section where you can buy dogs or cats. Also in this pet section, you can buy chickens... to eat. Pet and food section weirdness aside, we did buy some hot sauce that I'm excited to try. There were also some...interesting... craft and knick knack stores,  protein/supplement stores, and smells. Yes, the smells were very... umm interesting. Needless to say, we've been there and we did it!



2) Performing in my first two shows! On Sunday, the last day that Corteo was in Belo Horizonte, were my first two days in the show. Everyone was so helpful because I was completely lost running around backstage, but I did it. I had a great time, and I can't wait to get back out there in Curitiba!





3)Watching the show! During the shows on my first two days of work, I was able to watch the show as an audience member. It's been so long since I've seen the show that I barely remembered any of it. Max also got to watch with me, and he really liked my main act, paradis. He wasn't able to watch me in my first two shows, so I'm looking forward to him being in the audience while I'm on stage sometime in Curitiba!



The above is my first ticket to a Cirque Du Soleil show as a little girl next to my first ticket as a performer. It's such a blessing to see how God has ornately been planning this for His perfect timing.

4) Capturing this picture of Max and his beard:


and this one:


It's obviously not tamed in these photos, but he is still fully committed to growing it out for six months. There are four months left, and I am hoping he changes his mind sometime... last week. I catch him combing it in the bathroom. It's his new baby. I don't really know what else to say about it.... someone please help me.

5) Dinner with Max on our last night! We ate at a restaurant called Tizé. It was outside in the middle of the city on a busy corner and we sat there for a couple hours talking. The food in Brazil couldn't get better when it comes to beef, so our tummies were happy. It was a great way to end our time in Belo Horizonte!


Now, it's time for vacation! I'll be updating as soon as possible with pictures of the beach and precious time with family. I'm warning you ahead of time in case your the jealous type :). There will be two cute babies, one sexy pregnant lady, plenty of perfect beach pictures, and lots of love in my next blog, so beware!



No comments:

Post a Comment