Thursday, October 3, 2013

I have about 20 minutes before I have to head back to work, but I wanted to write a quick update. I've been in Montreal for almost 4 weeks! I've been pretty busy getting ready for the tour, but it's been an extremely positive experience.

Hand-to-hand training with my coach, Sergei

Similar to my stint on general formation, my days are spent at the headquarters mostly training. Instead of taking random classes like dance, bouffon, and music, my entire schedule is geared toward my position on Corteo so I can be as prepared as possible for the show. I have been learning everything from the lyrics to the music to my performance makeup. All of the artists do their own makeup, so we spend a lot of time perfecting the routine. Luckily, my makeup won't be too crazy! I'll have several roles in the show, so I have several costumes as well. My costumes aren't totally finished yet, but every time I have a fitting I get really excited. One of the costumes is an angel costume made of over 30 meters of silk. I think my nieces would agree that it's a pretty great princess dress!

Learning the makeup routine

 Max joined me a week ago! It's been great to finally be together. It's not easy on him because he likes to be a busy-bee, but it's hard to stay busy here. Montreal is beautiful in the fall, so hopefully our last week and a half here will be filled with fall colors and lots of adventure! There are a lot of adjustments, and it's strange for us to think that being on the road is now our "home". We pay no rent or mortgage. "Home" is currently Cirque Du Soleil's residence and will soon evolve into hotel rooms. We are blessed that we have each other, but we are also adjusting to only having each other!


He's going to kill me for this. Max officially becoming a member of cirque after being accepted by security :)

We miss our sweet girl a lot, but by the amounts of pictures we are getting from my siblings, I know she might actually be getting more attention in Texas than she did with us. There are lots of kids to play with, and I think her cousin, Foster, seems to like his new doggy cousin. I can't imagine what I'm going to be like when we have real human children. I already treat my dog like royalty!


Hope everyone back in the States is doing great. We miss our families a lot, but we know we are supposed to be here. Thanks for the love, support, and prayers, and we can't wait to see you guys soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment