Monday, October 22, 2012

I love you Texas, but...

I spent the first 18 years of my life enjoying the masterpiece that is the country state of TEXAS. I spent the following four years in Maryland defending my native country state. Finally, I've spent the past year in Ohio trying to hold on to my country's state's southern roots.

Let's face it. Texas has clear blue skies, bluebonnets, and George W. Bush. We are surrounded by Oklahoma, Louisiana, Arkansas, and New Mexico, so it's not like we have any competition (yep, I said it). We have guns, horses, and 6th Street. We have the oil industry, and our grandfathers still wear their cowboy boots (well, at least mine does). We still say yes ma'am, no sir, and bless your heart. To Texans belong the Cowboys, Texans, Longhorns, Aggies, Red Raiders, Baylor Bears, Rangers, Mavericks, Rockets, Spurs, Dynamo, and of course, the Bearkats. We can bask in the sun most months of the year, and there is no such thing as state income tax. I know my fellow Texans would love for me to continue, but unfortunately, I might be frustrating (due to jealousy) others.

Oh! One more thing: I forgot about Whataburger. Texas has Whataburger! Moving on...

In my personal opinion, there is only one problem with Texas. I only discovered it when I moved to Maryland, but Ohio and Montreal have continued to remind me. You see, my Texas family often reminds me of what I'm missing out on living in Ohio. Well, here's one for you, familia de Tejas!

Fall. 

Enjoy your brown leaves pine needles, 80-90 degree weather in October, and sweating underneath your Halloween costume while I'm making use of my fall wardrobe!













Oops, I forgot Tex-Mex. I can't forget to mention that Texas also has Tex-Mex.

No comments:

Post a Comment